The right customer engagement strategy can increase sales velocity, improve cross- and up-sell, engender a better understanding of the customer journey and product path, and ultimately inform more impactful business decisions. This client, an engineering simulation software company based in the US, wanted to improve the level of engagement with its customers, recognizing a lack of targetable customer personas and an incomplete picture of the customer journey.
This client, an engineering simulation software company based in the US, wanted to improve the level of engagement with its customers, recognizing a lack of targetable customer personas and an incomplete picture of the customer journey.
The Evalueserve team worked with the client to understand its end goals in terms of both customer and product knowledge. Based on the specifics of this needs analysis, our team of experts:
- • Created well-defined homogenous customer clusters with profiles that clearly define the cluster persona, including behavioral aspects
- • Defined the ideal customer journey by channel(s), based on the set of personas identified
- • Analyzed the product path for the identified personas and at the individual customer level
- • Conducted market basket and affinity analyses to create product recommendations for the different stages of the customer journey
- • Ensured the insights could be leveraged by the client sales team by creating appropriate visualizations available through a customized dashboard
The client wanted to have a better image of its customer personas to ensure appropriate product targeting at all points of the customer journey.
To meet the client needs, Evalueserve experts created a dashboard that delivers the information the client needs in easy-to-understand visualizations. For example, stakeholders can select the customer and other profile parameters to get product level recommendations at the customer level. They can also select the product, region and industry to reveal the customer with the highest propensity to buy. Analyses of product buying patterns and recommendations for industry-level product paths are also easy to generate. These visualizations make it possible to leverage insights successfully.
The solution proved effective, improving the client’s engagement strategy and positively impacting sales.
- • Increased the sales velocity for the different customer personas leading to accelerated revenue growth
- • Enabled efficient tracking and monitoring of top customer performance
- • Supported sales reps with quick overviews of regions, countries, customers and engagement indexes, allowing real-time decisions on engaging customers for better revenue generation
- • Improved capability to assess customer segment evolution
- • Improved alignment of business decisions re: product lifecycle, cross-sell and up-sell strategies, and customer engagement strategies