Candidate Privacy Notice
We may collect personal information directly from a candidate or other sources to the extent permitted by local and/or national laws. We treat personal information in accordance with the respective data protection laws applicable in the regions where a candidate is applying to work with us.
Types of Personal information we collect
The categories of personal information that are typically collected and processed in the recruitment context includes:
- Candidate Personal information:
- Name, gender, address, personal and/or business telephone number, personal and/or business email address, date of birth and other contact details,
competencies, skills (including cognitive abilities and language speaking abilities as a result of any assessments carried out during the recruitment process), experience and education, e.g. your CV or resume, previous employments, educational details and qualifications, third-party references.
- Languages spoken, Citizenship and Nationality to enable us to check your suitability for a specific role and working location.
- Preferences, e.g. preferred country of employment, areas of interest as well as your preferred ways to be contacted by Evalueserve);
- Information collected during interviews: As part of our interview process, we maintain records of the interview including comments noted by our interviewers.
- Information collected from online assessments: As part of the recruitment process, we may ask you to take certain tests which are necessary for assessing your suitability for a certain position. Such assessments can also be taken online.
- Other information, such as information found from public sources including but not limited to social media, as well as information related to reference checks, depending on the position you are applying for, and where necessary for the recruitment activities
- Additionally, once you have been shortlisted, we may collect additional information such as copy of Government ID, expectation of compensation and current remuneration details, information relating to your family members (for benefits administration), passport, visa and work permit (in case of expatriate), background check reports including educational, employment and criminal checks, your bank account details, details of the expense incurred and relevant bills to reimburse any expenses incurred by you during the interview processes.
- Documentation required under immigration laws.
Should you be successful for a role, we may ask you to provide information about third parties, such as references or contacts that you provide to us. You are responsible for ensuring that you have permission to submit any such information and that such individuals are aware that their information will be available to Evalueserve or its clients for the purposes of taking up references.
- Candidate Sensitive Personal Information:
The special categories of Personal Information collected may include:
- Information relating to your Health: In certain instances, we may receive information related to health such as disability status to make any necessary accommodations during our interview process. Evalueserve shall process such information only based on your explicit consent.
- Data relating to criminal convictions and offences collected from background checks, as permitted under applicable laws.
- Information related to racial, ethnic origin or religious beliefs collected as a result of diversity surveys, as permitted under applicable laws.
How We collect your personal information
Evalueserve collects your personal information during the application or recruitment process and over time during our relationship with you in number of ways through multiple channels. Which includes:
- Directly from you (when you apply online or via email or in person);
- Information collected from publicly available sources, including any job portals you use or other information available online.
- Other background information provided or confirmed by academic institutions and training or certification providers;
- Criminal records data obtained through criminal records checks; Through referrals from your friends, family of professional connects who work at/ with Evalueserve; and
- From third parties (through recruitment agencies and background verification agencies).
Purposes of processing your Personal Information and the legal basis for processing
We, at Evalueserve, are required to collect and process your Personal Information, where necessary for the purposes of Evalueserve’s recruitment or resourcing activities.
When you apply for a role with Evalueserve you do so voluntarily and can at any time withdraw your application. Your Personal Information shall be utilized in the following ways:
- Communicating with you
- To obtain additional information about your suitability for the role where necessary;
- To inform you of available vacancies;
- To provide you with information relating to your application and to fulfil your requests.
- Managing recruitment and resourcing activities, including activities related to organizational planning. In the course of recruitment activities, we may use your information, in accordance with our legitimate business interests:
- To set up and conduct interviews and assessments;
- To evaluate, select and recruit applicants;
- To contact third-party references provided by you to evaluate your previous performances.
- In the event your profile is shortlisted, we may collect additional Personal Information (as mentioned in the previous section), to carry out background checks (in accordance with local law), facilitate travel for face to face interviews and to roll-out an employment offer letter.
- Carrying out online aptitude tests and language assessments.For certain positions, candidates must have a certain set of soft skills and/or language abilities, in addition to the subject-matter expertise. Consequently, we have a legitimate interest to test your cognitive abilities and/or language abilities, so that we can assess your suitability for a certain position within Evalueserve and ultimately increase the quality of hires, reduce the bias in the recruitment process and improve your overall recruitment experience. Tests have been calibrated and benchmarked by our team of experts, against a significant number of data points, to ensure accuracy and fairness. We will provide you with detailed information on each type of assessment that you may have to take in the email invitation that we send you for before taking the test.
- Proctoring of assessments to prevent fraud: When taking online assessments without any supervision (such as online cognitive assessment tests, online language abilities test) we have a legitimate interest to take snapshots and/or video recordings of you during the test, in order to prevent and identify any fraud and ultimately maintain the integrity of the test. The proctoring activity is implemented in the least intrusive manner possible, does not involve processing of any sensitive Personal Information (such as biometric data) and all technical and organizational measures have been implemented to ensure minimization, security and confidentiality of the processed Personal Information. We will inform you in detail of any proctoring carried out before any assessment that you may take.
- Monitoring and development of our recruitment process–We may use your Personal Information to develop and improve our recruitment processes, website and other related services. This is in accordance with our legitimate business interests to improve the services we provide. Where feasible, we shall use aggregated anonymous information in the context of such development activities.
- Audit Compliance– We may process Personal Information as part of our audit processes and engage third-party auditors, from time to time in accordance with the legitimate business interests of the company and/or where necessary in defence or exercise of our legal rights.
- Prevention of fraud– We may process your Personal Information for the purpose of fraud prevention in pursuit of the legitimate interests of the company.
We may also process your personal information where necessary to comply with a legal obligation or for purposes connected to legal claims
In the future, if we intend to process your Personal Information for a purpose other than that mentioned above, we will provide you with defined purpose and will obtain your consent in accordance with the applicable law.
Who we may share your Personal Information with (the recipients or categories of recipients of the Personal Information)
- We may use carefully selected third-parties to carry out certain activities to help us run our businesses (such as cloud service providers, IT support vendors), to facilitate abilities tests and language tests (language assessment agencies, online test providers etc.), to carry out background checks (background verification agencies), as permitted by applicable laws, to facilitate your travel and expense (travel and immigration vendors), to facilitate on-boarding at the time of joining Evalueserve and to facilitate audits (third-party auditors).
- We have offices and operations in a number of international locations, and we share information between Evalueserve entities for business and administrative purposes.
- Your information could be shared with our internal staff for screening and interview purposes.
- Where required for your role, your CV and business contact details may be shared with clients, as permitted under applicable laws.
- Where required or permitted by law, information may be provided to others, such as regulators and law enforcement agencies.
- With external lawyers to seek legal advice in connection with relevant litigations, that may arise.
Period for which the Personal Information will be stored
Your Personal Information will be retained for as long as necessary in order to achieve the purpose for which the information was collected namely to enable us to contact you in future about potential employment opportunities at Evalueserve, if any, in line with our Data Retention policies and any legal or regulatory requirements .
In case you have expressed an interest in working for us in the future, we may retain relevant documents collected during the recruitment process containing your Personal Information for future employment related opportunities
You may choose to opt-out by writing to us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you opt-out Evalueserve will stop processing your Personal Information and delete it from our systems and hard copy documents.
For candidates who have accepted employment positions, we shall retain the Personal Information in line with our Data Retention policies and any legal or regulatory requirements.
When you access our services online, our web servers automatically create records of your visit.
To exercise the rights outlined above in respect of your Personal Information you may submit a data subject request, at email@example.com. We will respond to any requests in accordance with applicable law, and so there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request.
Controller of your personal information
If you are a Candidate applying for the job position in Evalueserve, the Evalueserve entity which you are applying to is the controller of your personal information. As data controller, that Evalueserve entity is responsible for ensuring that the processing of your personal information is protected as per applicable data protection law.