Last Modified: May 20, 2022
Evalueserve will act as a controller or its equivalent under privacy laws, where we decide how and why the personal information is used. However, where we act as a processor or its equivalent while providing services to our client, we will only use personal information in accordance with specific written instructions from our client. In such cases, the client is the data controller or its equivalent for that personal information, and we shall assist the relevant data controller in complying with the data privacy requirements.
Users can visit and browse our website without having to provide personal information. Please note that we may change, modify, add to, or delete portions of this policy at any time, and the date for the most recent update will appear at the top of the policy. However, please note that it is the responsibility of the user to regularly review the policy.
By using our website and accessing and using its services, users confirm their agreement with the terms of this policy. If a user does not agree with the terms of this policy, he / she should stop using the website immediately.
Data subjects and types of personal information
Below are the types of personal information that we may collect from users (without limitation):
- Personal details: All types of identifiers and contact details such as name, pronoun, email, phone numbers, fax details, physical address, gender, date of birth, age, and place of birth.
- Commercial information: History and records of the products and services that users obtained from Evalueserve. Correspondence between users and Evalueserve when it is sent to a dedicated e-mail id or via electronic communication means (including channels supported by artificial intelligence).
- Marketing information: Identifiers such as name, physical address, IP address, social media handle, other online identifiers (email address, etc.), or mobile number if used for direct marketing.
- Audio-visual materials: Photographs/ images, footage recorded on CCTV or other audio or video captured as part of security or monitoring systems.
Methods of collecting personal information
- Information provided directly by user
- Contact us page: We collect personal information through the Contact us page and use it to get back to the user in response to his / her request.
- Use of the website: We collect personal information that users provide when they use the website to subscribe to the services offered by Evalueserve.
- Careers page: When a user accesses the Careers page on our website, we collect personal information that the user voluntarily submits while applying for jobs, and we use it for recruitment-related activities and to further process the job application. We also use it to send relevant information about careers and opportunities with us and to analyze the effectiveness of our recruitment efforts and resources. More information about how we use user data during the recruitment process is provided in the Candidate Privacy Notice.
- Email communication: When a user sends us an email, we may collect personal information that he / she freely supplies to us. We may also collect personal information that users post publicly on our website.
- Information from other sources: We collect personal information when a user voluntarily uploads information, sends us emails, completes customer surveys, provides feedback, participates in competitions, or applies for a job opportunity at Evalueserve.
- Information collected indirectly
- Marketing communications: If a user receives our marketing communications, we will track when (s)he receives, opens, or shares the link received from Evalueserve. To unsubscribe from marketing communications, users should refer to Usage of personal information for marketing purposes.
- Other sources:
- Depending upon the engagement or association with us, we may receive information about users from other sources, including but not limited to vendors, insurance providers, auditors, travel service providers, consulting firms, background check service providers, and social media.
- Obtaining personal information from public sources such as freely or paid databases, including public content on social media websites, to make initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
Purpose of and legal basis for processing personal data
Evalueserve has defined the legal basis for processing personal information, which includes but is not limited to the below points:
|Contractual obligations and employment relationship||To perform contractual obligations agreed in our agreement and to provide services to the user|
|Legal and regulatory requirements||To comply with the necessary legal and regulatory requirements and obligations and court orders, or to exercise legal claims for or defend legal claims against the company|
|Public interest||To perform tasks in public interest as set out in the law|
|Managing business operations including the provision of our services to clients and their customers||To ensure the proper functioning of our business operations|
|Performing data analytics||To ensure the proper functioning of our business operations|
|Marketing our products or services to users (unless the user objected against such processing, as further described in How do we use personal data for marketing purposes below)||To ensure the proper functioning of our business operations|
|Improving the security and functioning of our website and networks||To ensure proper administration of the website and monitor our systems to mitigate possible security incidents|
|(For audio or video captured during): Informing interested stakeholders about the content of live or recorded events (including virtual events or webinars) or their recordings, including online publication of such recordings for marketing purposes||To process information that users have explicitly consented to provide before the event (a user can revoke his / her consent at any time)|
|Specific recruitment or employment purposes||To ensure that Evalueserve recruits the appropriate employees (for more details, please refer to the Candidate Privacy Notice)|
|Visitor information||To store and process information that users have explicitly agreed to share to enable the correct functioning of our business operations|
Usage of your personal information
Personal information may be used for purposes including but not limited to those provided below:
- For the Evalueserve website
- Facilitating the usage of and personalizing the user experience on the Evalueserve website
- Sending important information regarding the website, Evalueserve’s terms and conditions, policies, and / or other administrative information
- Helping users to address technical and other problems with the website
- Proper administration of the website
- Improving our services and the content of the website
- Protecting the integrity of the website
- For other purposes
- Recording, supporting, and facilitating the provision of services that users purchase from us
- Responding to user inquiries or fulfilling user requests for information about our services
- Providing users with information about Evalueserve’s services and sending information and materials from Evalueserve
- Processing online job application(s) and responding to user queries regarding job postings
- Detecting and preventing identity theft, fraud, and other potentially illegal acts
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders, or judicial processes
- Providing information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation or complaint.
- Resolving disputes and troubleshooting problems
- Providing users with relevant information or services that they request from us or that we feel may interest them based on previous interactions where they have consented to be contacted
Restriction on sensitive personal information
Unless we specifically request for information to comply with applicable laws, we ask users to not send or disclose to us any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, passport numbers, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through this website or otherwise to us.
Duration of retention of personal information
We will retain personal information only for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. We maintain specific retention policies and procedures, as per which personal information is deleted after a reasonable time according to the following criteria:
- We will retain user information till we have an ongoing relationship with the user.
- We will only keep the data while the user’s account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to the user.
- We will retain user information for as long as needed to comply with our applicable legal and contractual obligations.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- We may disclose personal information to our marketing agency for running our marketing campaigns.
- Our external IT supplier may have access to personal information, but access will be restricted only to the purposes of delivering their services to us.
- We may share personal information with companies that may manage and / or administer surveys and / or competitions on our behalf, some of which may be based outside the jurisdiction of the region or country where Evalueserve operates.
- We may share users’ personal information with our appointed third parties.
- We may disclose personal information to companies within the Evalueserve group if they are carrying out services for us.
- We may disclose any information we hold about users, if necessary, in connection with any investigation or complaint in relation to the use of the website, or to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may (either intentionally or unintentionally) be causing injury to or interference with any person’s rights or property (including of users of the website).
- We may disclose any information to comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, governmental requests, or for fraud prevention or detection.
Usage of personal information for marketing purposes
- We would like to send relevant and insightful information to users about our products and services and those of other companies in our group that may be of interest to them, based on previous interactions. Users may unsubscribe from receiving such information at any time.
- The personal information we collect and use for marketing purposes relates to individual employees of our clients and other companies with whom we have existing business relationships.
- We may obtain contact information from public sources such as freely or paid databases, including public content on social media websites, to make initial contact with a relevant individual at a client or other company.
- We will not share personal information outside the Evalueserve group of companies for marketing purposes unless users have explicitly consented to the same.
- Users have the right, at any time, to stop receiving marketing communications.
- If a user no longer wishes to be contacted for marketing purposes, (s)he should inform us.
Please note that if a user exercises the right to discontinue marketing communications from Evalueserve by using ‘Opt-out’, we may retain the minimum personal information necessary to record that the user opted out and to avoid contacting the user again.
User’s rights regarding personal information
- Right to be informed: Users are entitled to know whether we hold their personal information and the purpose it is processed for.
- Right of access: Users are entitled to obtain a copy of their personal information, together with an explanation of the categories of data being processed, the purposes of such processing, and the details of third parties to whom the data may have been disclosed.
- Right to rectification: Users are entitled to correct or update their personal information available with us.
- Right to erasure: Users are entitled to get their data erased from our records, including customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
- Right to data portability: Users are entitled to obtain and reuse their personal information. They can either obtain the information from us and provide it to a third party or ask us to transfer your personal information directly to a third party.
- Right to object to and / or restrict processing: Users have the right to object to and / or restrict the processing or sharing of their data in some circumstances, including where the data is inaccurate (for the period during which we are verifying the data), no longer required in light of the purpose of processing or connection with direct marketing.
- Right to complain and obtain redressal: Users have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority to obtain redressal, and where appropriate, compensation for a breach of the applicable data protection regulation.
- Right to withdraw: Users have right to withdraw their consent provided at any time by contacting us.
In the above cases, we will retain the minimum personal information to note that the user opted out from being contacted again.
To exercise any of the above-mentioned rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automated profiling and decision-making
We may use automated profiling in limited circumstances relating to email campaigns. As part of such campaigns, we will track whenever users receive, open, click a link in, or share an email from us using any of our automated solutions. These solutions profile the information tracked to evaluate user interest in our service offerings or promotions. This enables us to identify and target potential customers or business partners and to provide users with relevant and timely content based on user interests.
When a user visits our website, Evalueserve’s servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information indirectly and automatically about his/her activities on the website. We will use this information and the cookies as described in our Cookies Policy.
The data from the cookie(s) may be used by Evalueserve to track visitors’ use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
A user can set his/her browser to not accept cookies, and websites such as www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org tell users how to remove cookies from their browsers. If a user chooses to disable cookies, (s)he may not be able to fully experience all the features of the website, and parts of the website may become non-functional or inaccessible.
Keeping personal information accurate and up to date
- Users can always choose to not provide personal information. However, if personal information is required (mandatory) for a certain service, feature, or content on the website, they may not be able to access it unless they provide that data.
- Users can access, add to or update their personal information at any time, and we would ask them to ensure that this information is up to date on a regular basis. When users update the information, Evalueserve will keep a copy of the prior version, where necessary, for its records.
Location of processing personal information
- We may share personal information with companies within the Evalueserve group to carry out their services and to send you marketing communications from across the globe. Safeguards are put in place under applicable data protection laws to ensure the safe transfer of data between regions.
- We may transfer personal information to third parties for providing services, including surveys and marketing activities.
Transferring personal information
We transfer personal data between our group companies and data centers for the purposes described above. Your personal data will be stored in databases located in regions across the globe. The databases is controlled by our administrative staff located outside of the European Union or UK and can be accessed electronically. Where we transfer personal data within Evalueserve entities or to third parties located in other countries, we ensure such countries provide an adequate level of protection as determined by the appropriate authorities or use alternative safeguards including the execution of standard contractual clauses.
User age restriction
Evalueserve holds an ISO 27001 certification, and this international standard defines the requirements for an Information Security Management System (ISMS). Evalueserve’s processes and security controls provide an effective framework for protecting our clients’ and our business information, including personal information.
We maintain organizational and technical measures for all the personal data we hold. We have protocols, controls, and relevant policies; procedures; and guidelines to maintain these controls, considering the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake.
We adopt security measures in line with industry standards to protect personal information. We have implemented security safeguards – such as HTTPS – that ensure the protection of personal information. We regularly monitor our systems to mitigate possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information transmitted via our websites.
Sale of Evalueserve
Links to other sites
We provide links to other websites for user convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy policies in place. We recommend users review these policies if they visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of linked sites, any use of the sites or their privacy practices. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this site.
- Users may clicking here to request access to their personal information, under the following circumstances:
- To obtain a copy of their personal information that we hold
- If they believe the personal information that we hold is incorrect or incomplete
- If someone else has posted their personal information on our website without their permission and they would like it to be removed
In either of the aforementioned circumstances, registered users of the website are requested to supply the usernames and email addresses they used when registering on the website. Please note that to protect user privacy, we may require further information to verify user identity.
We will promptly take the requisite action on a user request. Please note that it is possible to permanently delete any account registered with us.