A London-based family office that manages the wealth of an ultra-high-net-worth individual (UHNI) engaged Evalueserve to provide a comprehensive assessment of the current and prospective stocks in its portfolio to determine their viability and fitment based on their investment ideology. Evalueserve provided equity research support to help identify stocks with deep-rooted fundamentals and prospects for long-term buy-and-hold.
Evalueserve deployed a team of sector-agnostic analysts to take complete ownership of the current stocks portfolio to conduct:
- An in-depth assessment based on defined parameters to determine the intrinsic value of the stocks
- Interaction with the company management and industry experts through various forums.
- Industry trends and macroeconomic factors analysis that were impacting the stock markets. This information helped the family office firm to make informed investment decisions.
Our team supported with deep-dive analysis on various investment opportunities, one such example being:
- The team conducted detailed fundamental research on a global on-demand streaming entertainment company that was poised to benefit from the growing ecosystem of faster and more reliable internet-connected devices that are quickly replacing linear TV (Television). The company has a strong track record of innovation and many of its users view its service as a staple product and is a core component bundle consumed by households globally.
- The team provided the family-office firm with a detailed report on the company including its financial performance, competitive landscape, customer value proposition, revenue-generating capabilities, cost drivers, margin levers, FCF-generating capability, and intrinsic value of the company.
- The family-office firm made additional investments in the company based on the equity research team’s recommendation. Within one year of the investment, the company's stock price rose 70%, delivering significant alpha for the client.
After engaging the Evalueserve equity research team, the family-office firm was able to generate an alpha of 15% over the benchmark in the first year of the engagement. The outperformance was due to the timely and accurate research provided by the team. Below are some additional impacts that Evalueserve was able to deliver:
- 3500+ hrs. spend on core equity research service offerings including initiating coverage, coverage maintenance, earnings conference /calls, expert and management interactions, industry/sector views, etc.
- 40+ coverage initiations in a year with complete ownership of ongoing research/recommendations with all of them positioned as top-notch portfolio investment.
- Increased productivity levels with quick turnaround of the coverage and regular updates on key factors driving the stocks in the portfolio.
Talk to One of Our Experts
Get in touch today to ﬁnd out about how Evalueserve can help you improve your processes, making you better, faster and more efﬁcient.